Monday, September 26, 2011

Tacchino Cross MABRA #1


I'll keep it short and sweet

I knew it was going to come down to me, Wes and Jared.

Luckily, Wes and I were able to get away 3 laps into the race. We took some turns at the front. With 2 laps to go Wes was doing the majority of the work at the front. Wes is an absolute technician in the turns it took work on my part to stay on his wheel. I knew it was going to come down to the last lap and the muddy log run up. I knew I had the upper hand and had to go into the log run up first. Wes took the high line I went low and accelerated and was able to get in front of him. I took off running and never looked back after I remounted. It's been 3 year since I won a MABRA race. It definitely felt sweet!

I must say Tacchino knows how to throw a party... I mean cyclocross race!!

Fred won 55+
Dave won 35+
Erin won Elite Women

No comments:

Post a Comment